TWO super easy, healthy and delicious T Giving sides – ANYONE can eat and totally enjoy
Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower
Roasted Yam and Kale Salad
I’m super excited to bring this to my boyfriend’s family’s house on Thursday.. because even though this stuff is super healthy, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free and packed with awesome nutrients- both recipes taste super indulgent – comforting, filling and full of awesome fall flavors that pair great with other traditional T giving foods
I’m pretty sure you’re gonna love these!
(I’m tripling both of these – so I have leftovers for myself and I can feed 8-10 people)
Cheesy Garlic and Herb Cauliflower Mash – Everyday Detox, Megan Gilmore
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (2.5 lb head) cauliflower- cut into florets
- 2 tsp fresh minced thyme leaves
- 2 tso fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 1-2 tsp salt (pink himalayan )
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Melt ghee or grassfed butter in a large stockpot over med heat. Add garlic and saute until frgrant, bout 1 min. Add the water and the florets, bring to a boil. Cover and lower the heat – steaming until cauli is easily pierced with a fork
2. Transfer cooked garlic and cauli alonf with all remaining liquid to a food processor fitted with an “S” blade ( see photo). Add the thyme, sage and chevre. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Process until the cauli is pureed with a fluffy texture – like mashed potatoes!
3. Adjust any seasonings to taste – return to med heat and stir to heat well – serve up and enjoy!!
** make it vegan – omit the goat cheese and use coconut oil
PCC Roasted Yam and Kale Salad- 4-5 servings
- 2 pounds unpeeled Jewel or Garnet yams, cut into wedges 1-inch long by 1/2-inch wide
- 1/4 cup cooking oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bunch green kale, tough stems removed and leaves cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Toss yams with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Spread out yams on a baking sheet.
Line a baking dish with foil and place garlic cloves in the center. Drizzle about 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over cloves and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold up the foil to create a packet and seal tightly.
Place both the baking sheet of yams and garlic in the oven. Roast yams until golden and tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Roast garlic until soft, 40 to 50 minutes. Allow both to cool.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool.
Increase oven temperature to 450° F.
Lightly coat kale with remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast until soft but lightly browned at the edges, about 3 minutes. Cool.
Combine roasted garlic cloves, vinegar and thyme in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Combine dressing, yams, kale and onions in a large bowl; toss to coat.