So my good friend is visiting from San Francisco this week AND I’ve got a couple big family get togethers coming up.
While this is all fantastic stuff.. I also want to stay looking and feeling fantastic.
Which means I should take it easy on the alcohol…
Now, this can be hard when you want to meet up at some comfy spot and catch up with your long lost bud, or you seriously need a little something to take the edge off around your relatives. That’s exactly why I have a great 3 step plan to enjoy these social times, without the set backs
Eat before you meet up.
Even if you are meeting for dinner, if you are at all hungry, enjoy a snack or smoothie before you leave for your rendezous. I love a green smoothie or a small nut mix. – My “Pre-Funk” Recipes are below:)
This way you will drink slower AND you will absorb you amazing nutrients from your foods better.
SO GET THIS: Even if you pick the most stunningly healthy dish off the menu, once that alcohol passes your lips.. you will absorb very little of those amazing nutrients. The body has 100% attention on any alcohol in your body and dramatically slows digestion and absorption of any foods that come into your belly.
So fix it! Eat 30 mins-1 hour before you drink (use recipes below) then enjoy drinks without food. OR have the drink on it’s own, wait bout 30 mins, then eat.
2. Have 2 big glasses of water for every drink you have.
Make those glasses at least 10 oz each. This will slow you down and fill you up, so you will drink slower and less alcohol
3. Take a walk or dance after that drink!
When you get your body moving, you speed up your metabolism and get that alcohol moving through your body so you don’t feel it, or see it so much the next day
I hope this helps you enjoy your get- togethers more and still love what you see!
READ below for Great EATS BEFORE DRINKS Recipes
Great Nut Mix = Light holdover. keep you full bout an hour-2
- 15 cashews
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (100% cacao)
Drink Your Salad Smoothie. Super Filling! 3-4 hours lasting power
- 1 cup frozen kale OR 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries OR 3 inch of banana
- 3-5tbsp avocado
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 inch ginger, peeled sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt ** I like plain goat yogurt
- 2 cups almond milk ( or other non dairy)
- 1 scoop protein powder (egg white, hemp or pea) – my fav is VEGA
- 1 scoop amazing grass (powderedgreens )