It’s a Thanksgiving Cooking with Curran’s!
Check out Video
Galen and I have you set up with great foods for the Feast as well as leftovers and breakfast.
All aimed to keep your family happy AND get you the body you want. Check out the recipes below
Yam and Kale Salad.
- 2 large yams peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 3 large heads kale – de-stemmed and torn small
- 3 large heads garlic
- 1 cup EVOO divided
Step 1.Take torn kale and place in a large bowl. pour in 1/4 cup Evoo and himalayan salt. massage the kale and leave in bowl.
- Step 2. Peel and slice Yams. Peel garlic cloves. Toss sliced yams with 4 tbsp olive oil, black pepper and 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt.
- Take peeled garlic clove- wrap loosely in foil.
- Put yams and garlic cloves on the baking sheet. – place garlic in the center.
- Cook at 450 degree F for 40-50 mins
- Use garlic in the dressing below
Step 3. While garlic and yams are baking. Place thinly sliced red onion in a pan with 3 tbsp olive oil. Cook on low for 30 mins. stirring every 4-5 mins
Take massaged kale. spread on baking sheets. Place in 450 oven for 3-5 mins.
Combine all with Dressing below. Enjoy hot or cold!
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 3 baked garlic cloves, from above
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Blend well in blender or food processor
Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel and cut 2 large sweet potatoes to desired (thin and long) thickness
- toss in a bowl with cinnamon and 3 tbsp olive oil
- bake at 450 for 30 mins.
- drizzle 2 tbsp molasses over top and bake for 10 more mins
Leftover Turkey Sandwich/ Salad
- Shredded/ Torn cooked turkey – 5 cups
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
( 1.5 cup fresh cranberries, 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup honey, 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, 2 tsp grated fresh ginger)
Bring to boil in pot, reduce to simmer for 10 mins
- 1 cup Asiago cheese OR goat cheese crumbles
- 2 cups arulgula
- Pretzel Rolls OR spinach wrap — OR on more arugula
Enjoy as sandwich or salad!
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
These hotcakes are made with nutrient dense whole grain buckwheat and mixed with sweet dates and pumpkin, they make the perfect base to a multitude of toppings. Add in Vega Performance Protein Powder for a high protein boost and get ready to face the day.
I love these with a smear of almond butter and goat yogurt . But on the go – they’re great fresh out of the toaster plain as well! Well work the cook time 🙂
- 6 servings Protein Powder (Egg white, pea protein)
- 2 & 1/3 cup wholegrain buckwheat flour
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 16 dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend together until fully combined.
On medium-high heat, in a pan, melt coconut oil and pour pancake batter to desired pancake size. Cook for 2-4 minutes per side or until bubbles begin to appear. Flip and allow to cook until outside is browned.