MCT OIL (Medium Chain Trigylceride)
This is an everyday staple in my life. In fact I’m hving some right now (in my coffee as I type this!)
I roll through my days with 3 tbsp MCT oil
- First ( at 4 AM ) I put 2 tbsp in my morning coffee (with espresso and ghee/when I make Bulletproof) CLICK HERE for detailed guide and vid
- With Lunch/ first meal – I drizzle One tsp over salad greens or already cooked veg with meat (tuna, beef, turkey or eggs)
- 2 PM – I enjoy another TBSP ( in a double espresso) from this super awesome packet, from TIN STAR FOODS
Thanks to TIN STAR FOODS. I get a pre-workout boost + back to work focus. I keep these babes in my laptop bag, purse, duffle and glovebox (safe up to 70 degree). I pretty much don’t leave home without 2 of these daily.
Now if MCT is new to you – No sweat! I gotcha covered.
Here’s what to know, how to use it, why and how!
Medium Chain Triglycerides is a type of healthy fat found in coconut oil. It is pressed out of coconut oil ( PLAIN coconut oil is white and pasty – see image of jar below)
MCT oil is the best of the best oils pressed out of the creamy white coconut oil
MCT oil is basically a short chain fatty acid (4-12 carbons) that has tons of health benefits. Before I give you the amazing reasons why you should totally be enjoying MCT OIL daily – here’s some super important facts to know before you go purchase and consume.
1. MCT oil is also found in palm kernel oil – do not use palm kernel oil MCT– it’s harvesting is highly destructive on the environment
2. MCT OIL should never be used in cooking – do not use in heats over 250 degree Farenheit
3. DO totally cook with Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (the white pasty stuff in the jar above) – also a shorter chain fatty acid (you should only be cooking with SOLID fats– so coconut oil and grassfed butter/ghee are top cooking options) CLICK HERE for info on Butter/ghee
4. Use MCT oil in these forms – 3-4 tbsp/day ( 1 tbsp is about 15 g fat)
plain, tea, coffee, smoothies, salad dressings, drizzled over already cooked veg, mixed in with goat or sheep yogurt.
5. DO NOT freak out about the fat content. Dietary Fat does not equal body fat. That has sadly become a huge misunderstanding and is ruining a lot of people. Your brain, joints, heart and muscles need this type of fat.
HERE’s why your body loves, needs and excels with Coconut MCT
It promotes weight loss, improves digestion, enhances strength, improves brain health, reduces neurological disorders like MS, dementia, alzheimers & mood disorders.
- IMPROVES HEART HEALTH – Consuming it improves your good (HDL) cholesterol levels, while lowering BAD cholesterol (LDL)
- ENERGY BOOST – gives you an all natural boost of healthy energy, thanks to it’s Medium Chain fatty Acids. When consumed, the MCFA’s are immediately digested and converted by your liver into energy you can use immediately
- WEIGHT LOSS – Aside from an energy boost, Coconut Oil stimulates your metabolism to encourage shedding body fat – thus helping you KEEP a healthy weight profile
- ANTI Microbial – It’s compounds can help keep your internal organs free from microbes.
- ORAL HEALTH – “Pulling” works! This is where you rinse your mouth with coconut oil. It’s antimicrobial properties help pull out the bacteria and viruses that live in your mouth along with food debris in your teeth.
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY – Does not trigger cytokines (response cells to cellular damage)
- BRAIN ENHANCING – increases neurogenesis (formation of new brain cells and protection of synapses)
I also use XCT oil (1 put 1 tsp in my am bulletproof now)
Brain Octane and XCT oil is even higher performing MCT’s – they are for people used to MCT oil- the next level. So if you have not been consuming up to 3 tbsp of MCT oil daily- for at least a month, hold off on XCT oil – it accelerate your brain and gut too much.. trust me!
I hope this all helps you easily make better choices