Preheat oven to 425.
FIRST Bake acorn squash:
- Slice in half – 3 acorn squash (each person gets a half)
- Sccop out seeds in center and place facedown in baking dish – add 1 inch of cold water
- Place in oven and let bake for 30 mins.
**once timer goes off, drain water – turn face up and bake for another 15 mins
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 sweet onion – diced
- 4 celery ribs diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 lb grass fed lamb
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups escarole
- Get out a very large saucepan – drop in ghee and let heat over med heat for 1 min – add the garlic, celery and onion. let saute on low for 3 mins
- Add cinnamon and thyme – stir and let suate for 1 min more
- Add lamb and cook for 4-6 mins till good and brown
- Add Tomato puree and chicken broth
Mix evenly and let simmer for 10 mins on low
Add escarole bout 1-3 mins before done (so 7 mins into simmer time)
Scoop lamb mix into acorn squash – Put BACK in oven on Broil for 2-5 mins.
ILOoove topping this with a little grated pecorino, sheeps cheese, + some avocado