You need cacao today! Because of the Covid-19 pandemic AND spring time (high pollen count) you truly should be enjoying cacao weekly. Here’s why and how to not screw it up (hint – cacao is NOT chocolate). For my 2 cacao treat recipes – scroll down!
1. It keeps your immune system high and inflammation low- This is due to the fact that cacao is packed with protein, fiber and antioxidants, low in sugar, sodium and cholesterol.
2. It helps keep your body lean and enhances cardio health- Thanks to high amounts of iron and magnesium.
3. It helps you sleep better and burn body fat– The high magnesium content helps your body and brain relax. This gets your stress hormone (Cortisol) to drop. Once cortisol is down you can stop holding onto pesky body fat.
4. It keeps you calm and happy! Cacao is high in tryptophan, a powerful nutrient that is key to making serotonin, and Anandamine. These are “trigger mechanisms for endorphin release.” (Psychology Today 2018) Serotonin and
endorphins are the feel good chemicals in our bodies that also help reduce anxiety.
So what’s the big take away? Enjoy Cacao! Just DO NOT add cow milk or sugar..
Why cow milk is NO Bueno! Cow milk has Casein A1. This is a high inflammatory protein. If you are focusing on your immune health, you have allergies, are overweight or have poor cardio health – Casein type 1 is bad for you. You can enjoy other dairy products like – goat, sheep, buffalo, almond, coconut, oat, hemp & rice (no soy) CLICK here for Dr. Gundry’s tips and info with A1 casein
1. Don’t buy/ enjoy any with added sugar– The only sweetener that should touch your cacao is raw honey or date powder. When COW milk and sugar are added you get bad results. You will lower your immune system, gain body fat, suck wind and fight muscle growth. Simply check the ingredients!
(Even coconut sugar is a no no with cacao. Non nutritive sweeteners (basically any sugar) DE- grade the quality and benefits of cacao)
1 serving size = 1 tbsp powdered or the size of both of your thumbs put together. I stick to this rule and enjoy great cacao daily.
Here’s my Two TOP EASY Chocolate Recipes
1. Decadent (easy/no bake) Spirulina/Cacao Fat Bombs High in Magnesium, protein, Omega 3, B vitamins and anti-oxidants
*makes about 25 Fat Bombs
•1/4 cup hempseed
•1 cup cacao powder
•4 tbsp spirulina
•4 tbsp coconut oil
•6 tbsp raw honey
•2 pinch pink himalayan salt
•1/4cup unsweetened flaked coconut, small flakes
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix throughly with clean hands and form into small balls. Freeze and save up to 5 months