Yup, it’s totally true. Now before you start getting extra butter on your popcorn at the movies, let’s get real clear on this
High Quality Grass Fed/ Pastured Butter ( And Ghee) does help you burn fat.
Butter & Ghee (must be Grassfed/ Organic is good for you! Here’s why:
Chock full of nutrients
- Vitamins A, K, D, E
- AND.. it helps you absorb more nutrients from the foods you eat with it. Meaning your body absorbs more omega 3 from that fish you cooked with grassfed butter and you get way more Vit D and A from the kale and carrots you baked with it.
- Butyric Acid – an anti inflammatory responder that is actually already in our bodies. Eating butter helps us decrease inflammation, heals our guts, improves digestion, greatly reduces IBS and Chron’s disease.
- CLA – one of the HIGHEST sources of Conjugated Linoleic Acid. This suppresses Tumor growth, decreases risk of breast cancer and prostate cancer among others.
Helps you lean out, lose weight and burn fat
- Stabilizes blood sugar – Fats in butter slow down absorption of sugar in your bloodstream
- Curbs snack and sugar cravings – You get full faster with butter, = because it’s chock full of nutrients your sugar cravings and urge to eat a second helping or snack drops dramatically
- Does NOT deposit in Adipose tissue – AKA your top layer of fat. That belly pooch does not come from butter. Blame that on the pasta, breads, corn, rice and alcohol!
- Short chain fats – Burn Fat –
Does NOT cause heart disease –
Proven in a study published by Journal of Clinical Nutrition March 2010 (issue 3 pp.353)
- Short and medium chain fatty acids – up to 8 carbon atoms- DO NOT contribute to heart disease, strokes or atherosclerosis.
In fact – it improves your GOOD cholesterol – LDL which lowers your risk of
- depression, dementia, alzheimers
- Improves brain function daily
- decreases dementia, alzheimers and depression
If you’re really feeling sketched out by me recommending butter to you – I get that- CLICK here for an article with a truckload of research from Dr. Mercola for you.
So what should you do now?
- Opt for Ghee over Butter and get the best quality =
4th and Heart is a great brand or Bulletproof’s brand of Ghee is great as well). Ghee does not contain Casein Type A (inflammatory protein found in cow’s milk) Even if you are not lactose intolerant, Ghee is better because it is less inflammatory.
Grassfed / Organic Ghee ( & Butter) have huge nutritional benefits. This is because Grass Fed Butter OR Ghee are rich in Conjugated Linoleic Acid & Butyrate. Quick review = CLA is a fatty acid that lowers our risk of Cancer & Osteoporosis. Butyrate is a super healthy fatty acid that actually helps us ward off mental deficiencies and mental illness + it’s a top anti-inflammatory agent.
It also wards off asthma, increases insulin sensitivity (better blood sugar control) AND increases weight loss .
2. Use grassfed ghee in your coffee and when you cook over 300 degrees. (Medium on stove top) Please stop cooking with olive oil and or avocado oil. These get EASILY damaged with heat, and create free radicals in your body. Hello liklihood of cancer or other scary diseases.
If you’re really skeptical of this and insist on cooking with liquid oils email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org I will gift you a 15 min free phone consult to hear you out. I want to help you the best I can. Also you may know something I don’t 🙂
BUY – these sources.. ONLY “Grass Fed” or “Pastured”