So you read the post on HOW TO LET GO.
If not, CLICK HERE to do so. I really think it’ll help you (or someone you know)
For me – I had a big job to get done. I had to speak in front of a packed room of well to do Seattle-ites, to raise money for a struggling community.
This community is literally saving lives. So it was super important that I show up for them so they can continue to do so.
This Foundation is RYTHER
They help kids and families deal with some seriously shitty situations, so they can keep living and do better in the world.
Without Ryther, lots of kids and families dealing with addiction, mental illness and neglect would have nowhere to go.
This is HUGE. One that I know firsthand. My nephew was saved by Ryther, See video below.
CLICK HERE to come to next RYTHER fundraiser, SEPT 27th @ 11 AM, Seattle Downtown Sheraton I am a guest speaker that day.
After listening to my friend James CLICK HERE for quick recap – I realized that I had to LET Go, So I could be there for Ryther. It was about standing FOR them so they can keep using their powers for good.
Basically I was stuck in my own story. My story of having to care for my nephew when his own life was traumatized by my mentally ill sister.
I let myself stay steeped in this hard situation. I bitched about it, stayed sad about it and put a boatload of responsibilities on myself, more than was needed.
I was STUCK in a shitty story and I was holding onto pain.
I had to LET THAT SHIT GO!! Which meant stepping up to my greatest obstacle, MYSELF
Having to be there for Ryther – forced me to take on those 3 steps to let go
1. SHOW UP – Step up to myself and admit that I made that situation tougher than it was. Truth is I could have let myself enjoy life more, I put that burden on myself and put myself in a victim mindset.
2. OWN UP – Apologize to myself. Say I’m sorry for making things harder than they needed to be.
3. GET OFF THE DAMN BUS (CLICK HERE for that explanation) – This one helps me sooo much! Literally just STOP letting myself think the thoughts of anger, resentment and pain from that hard situation.. look at what is great RIGHT now and change my story by allowing myself to grab hold of what I can enjoy right now and live every day with more joy and make a new and better story
I’m pretty proud to say I did all that –
Admitted to my own Victim mindset, Literally apologized to myself AND am LIVING a better life, by catching myself when I move into that old story and promptly stopping myself and DOING something better.
Just like anything this takes daily effort and practice. NO matter if your goal is eating better, being more active, getting over a bad relationship – Simply DO THIS
- SHOW UP- Look at the damn thing holding you back
- OWN UP – say what you need to say
- GET OFF THE DAMN BUS – Look forward, find a thought or action that gets you to literally step forward to something better.
At least it worked for me:)
If you’re interested in Supporting Ryther. Please CLICK HERE to join me at their next fundrasing event Sept 27th 11 AM, Downtown Seattle
Or go to www.ryther.org to learn more