Nutrition bars are an awesome choice to snack on a busy day.. right?
Especially the high protein ones. We want to chow down on those bars screaming 29 grams of protein! Right?
Well it turns out these can totally hold you back from the lean body, fat incinerating metabolism you crave.
Filled with ingredients your body can’t digest
Contains ingredients that keep you bloated and tired
Too large of portion
So what are these sneaky foes?
- WHEY and SOY. Both are hard for most bodies to break down. Soy is not as bad as whey, but it still is not your best choice.
here’s how to fix this, enjoy nutrition bars and get the results you deserve! Damnit!
- Look for bars with protein other than whey or soy. (hemp, pea, goat, pumpkin, egg white)
- Eat only half a bar at a time. ALWAYS. No matter what size.
If you think this won’t be enough, simply keep the other half on you and eat it when you are really hungry again.
There is a ton of info in those bites, a little goes a long way! This way you will process these quickly, stay energized and love your slim waistline!
- RX bar www.rxbar.com (great before intense workout/ endurance work)
- Perfect Bar perfectbar.com (great on a busy day running errands or stuck at your desk)
- Picky Bar pickybars.com (great before a spin or run — up to 2 hours)