These are perfect for a weekend brunch AND for super busy days (they burn fat, boost energy, keep you super healthy and strong)
My fiance and I love these – We’ve got to keep our energy up and stay active all day- He does home renovations (Bicknell Builds) and I have a constant love affair with Kettlebells 🙂
We toss a couple of these nuggets in a ziplock container and when we get super hungry – just pop in your mouth, enjoy and keep going strong! No utensils or time required.
Spicy Tuna Egg Muffins
Yields 24 cake
6 cans (12.5 oz ounces canned tuna- WILD PLANET is Great) packed in water
8 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1 cup )
- 1/4 cup coconut CREAM + 1/4 cup coconut milk – Full Fat (Go ahead and just buy 1 can full fat coconut milk – use solid cream at top and milk under)
- 2 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper OR 2 tsp Sriracha or 2 tsp tabasco sauce OPT out if you don’t like spice 🙂
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups thinly chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes * optional
2 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
2 cup sliced cilantro
juice of 1 small lemon
12-cup muffin tin
Parchment muffin liners (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Put liners in muffin tins (easiest)
3. Mix up all ingredients in a large bowl – very well
4. Pour into lined muffin tins – bake for 30-45 mins ** chaeck at 35 mins and about every 5 mins till done
These are great to freeze and enjoy weeks later.
Side Note: If you’ve been getting Starbucks egg bites AND you want to stay healthy OR lose weight OR have more energy.. STOP! Scroll down to learn eggsactly why.
The ingredients start with egg whites and cottage cheese- but look at what’s in the parentheses for cottage cheese.. whey, lactose, salt and a whole bunch of fillers that mess with your gut and dump your energy. Also – notice they bold the healthy ingredients – red pepper, spinach – but Canola Oil?! That stuff is no good at all.
Take 20 mins make up a batch of the above – freeze some – so you don’t have to make em for awhile and carry on, you beautiful strong human you:)