This is my “BEST” Green Smoothie recipe! I have this 6 days a week, It’s basically my breakfast 4-5 hours after I drink BULLETPROOF COFFEE
Check out the vid then scroll down for all the details and step by steps you could want!
ALSO – make sure and check out the 2nd vid on how to make the best smoothie choice when you’re ordering out OR buying a bottled juice at the store. I hope you love this set up, it makes my days so much easier!
This smoothie is “the best” because it
- Tastes good
- Keeps you pleasantly full (fills you up – for at least a few hours)
- Packed with lean protein
- Keeps you lean and energized (anti-inflammatory)
- Chock full of amazing nutrients
- Easy to put together!
Here’s what is in 1 serving
- 1 scoop Bone Broth Protein Powder (Ancient Nutrition)
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Greens – alkalize and detox is best
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 small avocado
- 2 ” nub of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 15 small organic blueberries OR 4 ” banana ** Fruit optional.. not advised, especially if you are on a Ketogenic plan
Put all in a blender, mix well and put in 3-4 vessels. Freeze 1-2 to make it last longer and take some work off you in upcoming busy days:)
These will last up to 3 days
(I tend to make 4 on Sundays for my work week – then freeze 1-2 .. take it out and put it in the fridge the day before) There’s been weeks I was just too busy/ tired when I got home- didn’t get that next day smoothie done and had to opt for something else not so awesome.
OH! And even better – here’s what you do when you’re on the go and gotta make the best bottled green juice choice.
1. ” COLD PRESSED” if available – that means heat was not applied in the juicing and there are more and better nutrients!
2. Go for Most Green Option – Veg heavy ensures you’re getting the most nutrients possible + keeping your energy up, brain clear and waistline low:) ** FRUIT Smoothies are for kids!
3. ONE Fruit MAX! If that. Try and opt for no fruit at all – If it’s a smoothie bar – just take out the other fruits- I love adding in Avocado instead:)
4. Look at the label – you want least amount of sugar and carbs + most protein.
CHECK OUT VID for example and CLICK 2 juices below to check these ones out – often avail at Whole Foods, Co- ops and Starbucks
JUICE PRESS is a super awesome chain of juice stores, We have 2 here in Seattle (our VERY own Seahawks,Russell Wilson, is one of the owners)